- Ryan Institute researchers are part of breakthrough studies on “mature” neurons, epigenetics in aging January 17, 2023 - Three Ryan Institute faculty are co-authors on breakthrough studies at Northwestern University and Harvard Medical School.
- Ryan Institute Co-Director John Robinson named Thomas M. Ryan Professor of Neuroscience December 8, 2022 - The URI Foundation & Alumni Engagement (URIFAE) is pleased to announce that George and Anne Ryan Institute for Neuroscience Co-Executive Director John K. Robinson has been named Thomas M. Ryan Professor of Neuroscience.
- Assistant Professor Jessica Alber receives $10.3 million grant for research on retinal scanning October 26, 2022 - The five-year, $10.3 million grant from the National Institutes of Health will support Dr. Alber's research on using retinal imaging to screen for early changes associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Leading researchers take on next chapter as Ryan Institute Co-Executive Directors October 21, 2022 - With a shared vision for the institute’s future, William Van Nostrand and John Robinson bring a complementary approach to leadership that reflects the successful partnership they have honed during decades of research collaboration.
- URI-affiliated biotech raises $12 million for Alzheimer’s research June 14, 2022 - MindImmune co-founders Frank Menniti and Robert Nelson are affiliated faculty at the Ryan Institute. This funding advances their work on an antibody treatment that targets peripheral immune cells found to play a role in driving Alzheimer's disease.